Introduction to Weed Gummies
This is a traditional Weed Gummies Recipe. It includes Jell-O for convenience but you’ll need additional unflavored gelatin to help the gummies take to their mold. Here’s the kitchen items and ingredients you’ll need. As with any recipe, gather all these things in advance!
- Medium Size Saucepan
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper
- Flexible silicone molds (Brick, Leaf, etc.)
- A kitchen syringe or pouring cup
- Medium Size Mixing bowl
- A refrigerator
- One 3oz package of Jell-O (pick you favorite flavor)
- 1/4 cup of Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil
- 2.5 tablespoons of high quality unflavored gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup of cold spring water
- 2 teaspoons of Soy Lecithin
- 1/4 cup of Corn Syrup
- Add the water to the bowl and sprinkle powdered gelatin and Jell-O on top, let it absorb for at least five minutes. It will look like gritty sand when ready.
- Once the gelatin mix is ready, pour the bowl into your medium size sauce pan and add your corn syrup. Depending on your stove, start heat at low, you want the mix to barely simmer. DO NOT BOIL.
- Gently whisk as it heats up. The mix should become smoother losing the sandy appearance.
- Once the mix is ready, turn off the stove and let the pan cool.
- Add your cannabis infused oil and soy lecithin before stirring. These items work together to create a smooth consistency.
- Prepare your gummy molds by lightly coating them with cooking spray.
- Begin filling your molds using a pouring cup or kitchen syringe.
- If excess mixture starts to make a mess, use a knife or scraping tool to clean up the molds.
- When ready, put your gummy molds in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. (NOT the freezer)
- After the hour has passed, check your gummies. They should be firm and tacky.
- Pop out the gummies from the mold onto a piece of parchment paper and allow them to thoroughly air dry, preferably in a low humidity environment. This process is crucial to the prevention of mold and stability of the gummies.
- These gummies should last 5-7 days outside of the refrigerator and up 3 weeks inside of one.
- Enjoy responsibly!